Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Embed a Librarian in Blackboard
Are you teaching an online course and wondering how to help your students with their research assignments? The IRSC librarians are here to help! Through our embedded librarian program you can have a real, live librarian available to your students within your course shell. Librarians can provide research assistance within Blackboard through a variety of ways.
- Tools/resources librarians can provide:
- Guide on the Side tutorials
- Reading lists using Curriculum Builder software
- Video tutorials
- Synchronous and Asynchronous instruction sessions on using library databases
- Citation instruction
- Guided discussion posts
- Embedded Blackboard modules
- One-on-one student consultations on research topics/papers (in person or online)
- Virtual office hours
- Course-specific LibGuide
Librarians are available for the entire course period, or during the research-heavy portions of your course. Don’t delay! Contact a librarian today to inquire about the embedded librarian program. Your students and your students’ grades will thank you.