Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Typography is not prescribed in the CSE Manual.
The library suggests using 12-point Times New Roman font.
Line Spacing & Margin Suggestions
Use double-spacing throughout the entire paper.
Leave 1 in. margins on top, bottom, and sides.
CSE Paper Format
The basic components of an original research article are introduction, methods, results, and discussion. CSE does not specify a format for the body of a college paper, so ask your instructor for clarification. The following guidelines are suggested:
- Include paper title and your name, and other pertinent information (centered).
- Omit a header and page number on the cover page.
Body of the paper or report:
- Add a header after the cover page. The header should contain the title and page number (starting with 2).
- Double space the entire paper and use 1 inch margins.
- If you use sections like "Abstract, Introduction, Discussions", center the section title on the page.
- Start your "End References" section on a new page.