IRSC Online Access to Textbook Reserves
To meet our student's needs, IRSC Libraries will utilize the concept of controlled digital lending, in which a library "circulate[s] a digitized title in place of a physical one in a controlled manner" (Hansen & Courtney, 2018, p. 2). In other words, if the library holds a single print copy of a book in our collection, one student can 'check out' a digital copy instead, as long as there are restrictions on the downloading and saving of the documents.
How it Works:
- Go to the IRSC Library link in your My Pioneer Portal or click here to search the Textbook collection at all libraries.
- Search for the title of the textbook you need and select Library Catalog. You can also search the catalog by course number, see the search box below.
- If you find your textbook in the catalog and it says Available Online, click on the title to access the digital version.
- You will have access to the digital copy for two hours.
- If someone else is using the book, you will be asked to put your name on a waitlist.
- The system will send you an email when the other person's session has ended or if they end it early.
How to Request a Digital Copy be Added:
- If we have a print copy of the textbook and you want to have digital access, you will need to let the library know.
- Please email email@example.com with any requests for textbooks to be scanned, if we can scan them, we will.
What if your Textbook is not in the Catalog:
- We do not have every textbook on reserve at the library and we cannot always get them.
- If you do not find the textbook you are looking for, email the library at firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. If we can fulfill the request, we will do so, if not we will let you know why we cannot fulfill your request.
- This program is only available to currently enrolled IRSC students.
- Textbook loans are first come, first serve.
- Downloading, printing, and saving textbook content is strictly prohibited under Copyright Law.