Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Textbook Reserve Request Form
Texbook Reserve Information
IRSC Online Textbook Reserves
In order to meet our student's needs, IRSC Libraries will utilize the concept of controlled digital lending, in which a library "circulate[s] a digitized title in place of a physical one in a controlled manner" (Hansen & Courtney, 2018, p. 2). In other words, if the library holds a single print copy of a book in our collection, one student can 'check out' a digital copy instead, as long as there are restrictions on the downloading and saving of the documents.
How it Works:
- Request a digital loan through the Textbook Reserve Request Form. You must provide a valid email address you can log into to be given access to a title.
- Once your loan is confirmed, a librarian will grant you access to the textbook for a set loan time of four hours. At the end of this time period, your access will expire in order to allow other students to use the title. See below for additional information about loan times and restrictions.
- This program is only available to current, enrolled IRSC students.
- Students may check out one textbook at at time, once a day. This means if you need to use two different textbooks, you can check out each one once a day.
- Textbook loans are first come, first serve.
- Downloading, printing, and saving textbook content is strictly prohibited under Copyright Law.