Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Acceptable Use Policy
Click the "Continue" button in the top right corner of the page to accept the IRSC Acceptable Use Policy.
Downloading/sharing copyrighted material on this computer without the author's permission violates U.S. Copyright Law and IRSC's acceptable use policy.
The following activities are, in general, prohibited on Indian River State College computers, network and communication components.
The list below is by no means exhaustive, but attempts to provide a framework for activities, which fall into the category of unacceptable use. Intentionally or knowingly using computing and network resources of the College:
- For personal financial gain or commercial purposes, or non-authorized solicitation of funds except as expressly allowed by college policy.
- Making fraudulent offers of products, items, or services originating from any Indian River State College account.
- Effecting security breaches or disruptions of network communication.
- Port scanning, security scanning, or network monitoring.
- Circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account.
- Interfering with or denying service to any user other than the employee's host (for example, denial of service attack).
- Forging or altering email header or network packet information.
- Soliciting email for any other email address, other than that of the poster's account, with the intent to harass or to collect replies.
- Creating network congestion transmitting excessive or large files to or from the Internet.
- Uploading, downloading, storing or otherwise knowingly accessing or transmitting in any fashion:
- Abusive, hateful, degrading, demeaning, derogatory or defamatory materials,information, or communications that could reasonably incite violence and/or disruption of college operations.
- Emphasis is added as it pertains to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, political beliefs, or disability.
- Pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit, indecent, or vulgar materials, information or communications.
- Any confidential records of Indian River State College, its stakeholders, employees, or vendors without adequate authority to do so or use of proper file encryption.
- Any materials or programs, including access and registration codes, which are in violation of copyright protections.
- Unsolicited email messages, including the sending of "junk mail" or other advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material (email SPAM)
- Chain letters, “Ponzi" or other "pyramid" schemes of any type. Solicitations or advertisements for products or activities not related Indian River State College business.
- Any virus, worm, Trojan horse, trap door, or any other malicious program code.