Tips from the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health:
If you’re visiting an online health site for the first time or downloading a new app, ask these five questions:
1. Who runs or created the site or app? Can you trust them?
2. What is the site or app promising or offering? Do its claims seem too good to be true?
3. When was its information written or reviewed? Is it up-to-date?
4. Where does the information come from? Is it based on scientific research?
5. Why does the site or app exist? Is it selling something?