The College recognizes the intellectual rights of others and considers copyright violations illegal, unethical, and morally wrong. We concur that everyone who requests a reproduction assumes the professional duty and responsibility to do his/her utmost not to violate the Copyright Law. When requesting the reproduction of printed material that is copyrighted, observe the following policies:
1. Individuals requesting reproduced copyright material must sign a statement that material to be reproduced does not violate the Copyright Law. This signed statement will be kept on file in the Print Shop.
2. Individuals requesting reproduced copyright material obtain permission of the author, composer, or publisher and provide documentation of the approval.
3. No material will be reproduced to the detriment or financial loss of the author, composer, or publisher. The intent of this policy is to preclude damage to the copyright owner or holder.
4. When reproducing approved material, give credit to author, composer, or publisher of reproduced material.
5. Consult the Faculty Library Guide or web site for additional information.
6. Courses and supporting materials that are developed by faculty while employed by Indian River State College are the property of the College, which holds copyright on the material. The College will have utilization of the revenue derived from the creation and production of software/course materials. Materials include, but are not limited to,
Downloading/sharing copyrighted material from IRSC computers without the author’s permission violates the U.S. Copyright Law and IRSC’s acceptable computer use policy.